Students are requested to follow the given guidelines for admission to academic programs at the Abasyn University, Islamabad Campus.
Abasyn University offers admission on open-merit basis. The eligibility mentioned below must be fulfilled by the candidate at the time of submitting the application form. All candidates who are eligible for admission will be required to appear in the entrance test arranged by the University. However, students who have cleared NTS or any other entrance test (e.g. SAT, GRE, GMAT etc.) will be exempted from the test. There is no quota system followed at the University.
The candidate must have earned Intermediate or equivalent level certificate to apply for admission in under graduate programs. The candidates applying for master programs must have 45% in the annual system of examination or CGPA 2.5 out of 4.0 in the semester based system in the previous degree.
Certain courses are pre-requisites for various programs e.g Maths is a compulsory requirement for applying to BS Computer Science program. Details about the eligibility criteria for each program are given in the University prospectus or visit Academic Program Catalogue. For further information, contact our admission counsellor on 0300-9189006 or 0331-9890066 or 051-8438320- 1 or email@example.com. For program specific information, please visit our academic advisors during the campus working hours (9:00 am - 5:00 pm).
How to Apply
Candidates are required to obtain prospectus and admission form from the admission office (9:00 am - 5:00 pm/round the week) OR download from www.abasynisl.info
Filled application forms must be submitted to the admission office either by post or by hand to the campus.
- Orientation Day: February 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM
- Commencement of Classes: February 17, 2014
Admission Form Fee
Admissions Form can be submitted online as well as by post or by hand to the campus along with necessary documents. Application submission is free of cost.
Abasyn University arranges its own entry test to make sure the quality of intake. However, the university also accepts NTS test or other recognized international test scores for the admission in the replacement of its own entry test. The admissions test covers the following areas:
3) Logic and Analytical
Abasyn University provides students with all the necessary examination stationary. Students are required to bring admit cards along with them, issued at the time of the submission of application forms. Mobile, Calculator or any other supplementry material is not permissible in the test venue
Result Awaited Students
Students who are waiting for their result of FSc/FA/I.Com part II can also apply. In case, they don’t get required score in the FSc or equivalent exam will be automatically disqualified.
Department of Engineering
*Students intake only in Fall session
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (BEEE)
- Telecommunication / Communication
Department of Computing & Technology
*Students intake in Spring & Fall session
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS)
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication & Networks (BSTN)
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSSE)
- MS in Computer Science (MSCS)
- Mobile Application
- Software Engineering
- Computer Networking & Security
- MS in Telecommunication & Networks (MSTN)
- PhD in Computer Sciences & Engineering
Department of Management & Social Sciences
*Students intake in Spring & Fall session
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Media Science (BSMS)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (1-1/2 years, 2 years, 3-1/2 years)
- MS in Management Sciences (MS-MgSc)
- MS in Engineering Management (MSEM)
- Project Management
- Industrial Management
- Engineering Management
- MS Logistics & Supply Chain Management (MSLSM)
Department of Life Sciences
- MSc in Microbiology
The University is well aware of the economical conditions of the country. Therefore, the University has exceptionally subsidized tuition fees of all of the academic programs. The fee structure slightly differs from program to program. Please refer to the following table for fee structure of various programs at the Campus. In addition to Tuition fee students are also required to deposit PKR 5000/- as admission fee (one time and non-refundable) at the time of admission.
Financial Aid and ScholarshipThe university also provides financial support to needy students in order to help them meet the cost of studying. The financial aid is provided through a number of means, which include merit scholarship, partial fee waivers, and installments. Scholarship is only provided to students who seek admission in the bachelor programs. The following are the rules for merit scholarship.
||Tution Fee per Semester
||BE in Electrical Engineering (BEEE)
||BS in Software Engineering (BSSE)
||BS in Computer Science (BSCS)
||BS in Telecommunication and Networks (BSTN)
||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
||MS in Computer Science (MSCS)
||MS in Software Engineering (MSSE)
||MS in Telecommunication and Networks (MSTN)
||MS in Engineering Management (MSEM)
||Master of Business Administration (MBA)
||MS in Management Science (MSMgSc)
Refund of fee PolicyIf a student wants to withdraw from the program in the first three weeks of the semester, Tuition fee will be refunded according to HEC policy in this regard.
Annual IncreaseTuition fee shall be increased by 3%-5% each year(Applicable to fresh intakes)
Fee Payment Process
- Students with high percentage of marks at the intermediate level or equivalent examination can avail scholarship on the following basis:
- Students with 75% or more marks will get a 30% tuition fee waiver for the first semester. Scholarship will continue if the student maintains a minimum CGPA of 3.25.
- Students with more than 60% and less than 74% marks will get a 20% tuition fee waiver for the first semester. Scholarship will continued if the student maintains a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- we give 25% scholarship to Armed Forces and Government Personnel.
- Students are required to apply for scholarship to the University during the admission process.
- Apply onlineFill Application Form and submit online. Bring original documents and their photocopy on the test/interview day along with yourself.
- By Post/By HandFill Application Form & send the filled form with required documents on following Address, 210 Street 6, I-9/2 Islamabad. OR Submit Application form in the Admission Office (Mon-Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM).